Re: [FH] Help! Propranolol side effect?

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2005
      I second that. The resaon atenolol is used much more
      commonly than propanolol is because it is beta1
      specific and fits into receptors on the heart but not
      the lungs. Propanolol affects both heart and lung
      receptors.

      My vet said if my cat ever could not jump up on
      furniture it could mean his atenolol had caused
      hypotension.

      Susan

      http://mail.yahoo.com