Re: [FH] New diagnosed

  • lclarizia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 10:31 AM
      In a message dated 7/1/2005 12:37:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      gormankatrina@... writes:

      > What would be my best plan of action?

      Others have said the same, but I'll add my two cents ...

      The best plan of action is to have her seen either by an ACVIM cardiologist
      or internist with experience in treating feline heart disease. The best
      diagnositic tool will be an ultrasound -- an EKG will detect abnormalities in heart
      rhythm, but won't give a physical representation of what the problem is --
      valve defect, cardiomyopathy, whatever. They aren't cheap, but most places will
      let you arrange payment plans, and in the end you save money -- when you know
      exactly what the problem is, you can start appropriate treatment right off and
      aren't futzing around with different meds.

      Lisa

      "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

      - Anatole France