Re: [FH] atenolol

  • lclarizia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
      In a message dated 7/1/2005 11:50:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      rockii@... writes:

      > I get mine compounded into a liquid. There's no way that I could ever get a
      > pill in Pepper and this is so easy!

      My mother's cat, Pyewacket is on atenolol for his heart and tapazole for his
      thyroid, which are compounded into a liquid. I just put it in his food (he's
      visiting me right now) and he laps it right up. Would that my own cat were
      that easy to medicate.

      > FYI - The price can often be negotiated. Ask before you have it filled. I
      > recently switched pharmacies and am now getting it for about half of what
      > the old place was charging.

      Definitely shop around. I get all my prescriptions at a small, local
      pharmacy, Conley's. They compound, and Pyewacket's one-month supply of
      atenolol/tapazole compound was exactly $30.

      Lisa

      "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

      - Anatole France

    • mfortner@att.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
        From: "bo1024" <rhbutlerjr@...>
        > Can you get this in liquid form or flavor compound? I have such a smart cat it
        > is getting hard to get her meds in her.

        Does she like treats? Spice takes Atenolol (1/2 of a 25 mg. tablet) every morning wrapped in a half of a pill pocket. His Lasix goes in the other half.

        Here's a site that describes them and also has a store locator and links to places to buy them online. <http://www.pillpockets.com/index_fs.htm>

        --
        Marge, Sugar, Spice (HCM), Creamsicle, and Callie
        Bridge Kitties Felix and Oscar