It feels close to the end

  • bgslisa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2005
      As I've said, my sweetie BG is in the end stages of cardiomyopathy.
      The last few days he wants to go out on his leash and just sit outside
      for hours but doesn't seem to want contact with me much. He's stopped
      purring mostly but is still eating a bit. I'm having such a hard time
      with this decision but feel it's going to be up to me. If I leave it
      up to him he's got a strong will to survive but that's different than
      living. I've read a lot and talked a lot about euthanasia but I'm
      failing to be able to know/or be able to do it!I feel terrible. L
    • ireneboater
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2005
        Hi,

        I'm just wondering what else besides lethargy he's showing. Is he
        still walking? Did he get another clot? I don't know the situation so
        I don't want to mislead you or anything but many people onthe list
        have had their kitties fed via a syringe. Or they eat tuna. If he is
        still walking and going to the bathroom, then it might still ok.

        I thought Scratchy was a goner when he had his second saddle
        thrombosis within a period of 2 months.

        No matter what you chose, I know that you will do what is right. I
        just want to give you every option that might be possible. I know many
        people are probably away this weekend due to the holiday, but there
        are more people on this list that know a lot more than I do. No matter
        what you do, this disease is such a difficult thing to deal with.

        Good luck and best wishes. Scratchy and I are thinking of you!