Re: [FH] stupid disease

  • lclarizia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2005
      In a message dated 6/28/2005 11:38:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      rhbutlerjr@... writes:

      Hi Janie,

      > We have had some of our family tested so if I
      > was
      > you i dont know your age but if this is a blood Uncle Id get a echo
      > of
      > my heart now and again in a few yrs. Not to scare you but it will
      > turn
      > up in families

      Thanks, I knew it could be familial, but I don't think it is, in my uncle's
      case. He's the only one in a very large family (fifty-two cousins alone in
      that generation, my great grandparents have about 200 descendants in 3
      generations) with DCM, and is in his sixties, where the genetic form tends to manifest
      earlier than that. My other uncle gets regular echoes for an unrelated
      condition, and definitely doesn't have it and my dad just had one and is fine. His
      ejection fraction is low, but he's feeling better lately, which he ascribes to
      his "cat vitamins" -- he's on coenzyme q10 plus Baby Boy's other supplements.
      Unlike my cat, he doesn't have to be chased down, wrapped in a blanky, have
      his mouth forced open and the stuff syringed in. :)

      Lisa

      "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

      - Anatole France