R.I.P. Little - 2000-2005

  • orangeboxjwc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2005
      First of all, I want to thank you all for the kind words and advice
      that many of you shared after my rather lengthy post last night. It
      was comforting to hear that some peoples' cats have expereinced this
      horrible disease and lived to tell about it (and teach others). It
      was uplifting to feel at least some semblance of hope that Little
      would be able to live a normal life, after an evening of doom and
      gloom.

      It is with great sadness, however, that I report that we had to make
      the difficult decision to euthanize Little this afternoon. His
      condition had worsened as the day went on, and the blockage from the
      clot was so severe that there was no way according to our vet and
      the emergency care clinic that he would have recovered even close to
      normal use of his rear bodily functions, or live a life without a
      great deal of pain. He was heavily sedated, but the vets felt that
      he was still in pain and after several opinions, we decided that it
      was best to give him a peaceful going away. We'll always remember
      our fond memories of our "little" friend as he travels to that big
      tuna bar in the sky.

      Thanks again, and I hope to check in from time to time.

      JWC
    • protectanimals
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2005
        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "orangeboxjwc" <cannonjw@h...>
        wrote:
        > First of all, I want to thank you all for the kind words and advice
        > that many of you shared after my rather lengthy post last night.
        It
        > was comforting to hear that some peoples' cats have expereinced
        this
        > horrible disease and lived to tell about it (and teach others). It
        > was uplifting to feel at least some semblance of hope that Little
        > would be able to live a normal life, after an evening of doom and
        > gloom.

        Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. I, too, had just read your first
        email and was about to write to you about my cat, who had a saddle
        thrombosis in February. Then I read ahead to learn of your loss.

        I want you and your wife to know that I care very much about your
        loss of Little. I'm sorry, too, for what your wife went thru when
        she first found Little with the clot. I hope she's not too
        traumatized now, although it would certainly be understandable if she
        was. I imagine she might need to talk, talk, talk it out for awhile.

        Take good care of yourselves and do know that there are a lot of us
        here who care very much....

        Meredith with Monkey