Thanks for the welcome

  • bgslisa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
      Thanks for all the responses to my first posting. I'm trying to figure
      out how this chat thing works so my efforts may be clumsy or delayed.
      Doesn't mean I'm not here and listening. I'll check out the Rutin. He
      seems to have some rear leg weakness but it's hard to tell whether it's
      the extra weight. I'm going to call the vet today. It's great to know
      there are other's out there who understand. My husband is very
      supportive but I feel guilty being preoccupied with BG,my sick cat. I
      also have a 5 year old and 2 other cats and a full time job. Sometimes
      it gets a little overwhelming. L
    • ireneboater
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
        It's difficult with so much going on and can be very overwhelming.
        Just try to take one day at a time and enjoy the time that you have
        left with your kitty. Some days will be worse than others, but know
        that the opposite is true. You will have days where your kitty will
        seem (if not totally normal), close to normal brining a light heart
        and a huge smile on your face. I try to focus on those days instead of
        the days that I sit next to Scratchy at the hospital, worrying if he
        will make it through.

        This group is wonderful for the support that I have received.
        Answering questions that I thought might be idiotic, but was assured
        that any question that was asked was not stupid. It helped me get
        through some really tough moments. I've already gone through 2
        episodes where I thought I'd have to euthenize Scratch, but through
        the help of this group -- I've seen it through with Scratchy. Right
        now he's as healthy as can be, walking and jumping on all fours albeit
        being very tired most of the time and hating the pilling.

        Lately I've been gardening and letting both my kitties out in the
        enclosed backyard I have. It's been alittle too hot lately, but
        Scratchy seems to enjoy it immensely. That's all I can do, it dely the
        inevitable and make his life and enjoyable as possible.

        I wish you luck and hope.

        Irene and Scratchy,

        PS. About learning how to post on this site here are two tips:

        One thing to note is that when you reply to a person, it will go
        automatically to their address instead of the group. You will have to
        go to the *TO* drop down menu and change it to yahoogroups. Second,
        the group list usually likes to have the replies trimmed since it
        either takes up more space or it takes a while for dial up people to
        load up the messages.