Spam

  • marthe horn-Davis
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 22, 2005
      Hi,

      I think I have sent a few posts saying to beware of
      opening anything, our computer person and internet
      provider warned us as well.

      In our area we had people even disguise as companies
      its quite bad...

      Thanks Diane and Jan...

      These spammers are creepy!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • diane
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
        OK folks, enough of the spam talk and back to our cats.

        I have two moderators signed up to help delete spam and ban offending members.

        Please keep in mind this will NOT keep spam out of your email box if
        someone does happen to post something. Once Yahoo processes it, we
        cannot stop it, we can only delete it from the archives.

        I am keeping posts unmoderated as they are now.

        I am keeping new members unmoderated as they are now.

        Thanks,

        Diane
        Feline Heart List Mom
      • helen stone
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
          Diane,
          I'm very put out! I didnt get the Look at my P spam in this mornings FH postings and everyone else seems to have!!
          I do get some comenthrouhg but as I wrote to someone Its so easy to click and delete, I barely give it a thought.
          I did upgrade my Security recently and recommend that to all, the most Spam from this list I get is one or two and thats maybe 3 or 5 times a month.
          Hugs and Much Love for what you do
          Helen

          diane <diane@...> wrote:
          OK folks, enough of the spam talk and back to our cats.

          I have two moderators signed up to help delete spam and ban offending members.

          Please keep in mind this will NOT keep spam out of your email box if
          someone does happen to post something. Once Yahoo processes it, we
          cannot stop it, we can only delete it from the archives.

          I am keeping posts unmoderated as they are now.

          I am keeping new members unmoderated as they are now.

          Thanks,

          Diane
          Feline Heart List Mom

        • crazycatlady2003
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
            Since it seems there are more people who think the spam is no big deal
            than those of us who do (believe me, if you really knew what this
            garbage can do to your computer, you would NOT say "just delete it"), I
            don't have a choice other than to leave the group. I have to use my
            computer for work, and do not have time to "just delete" all this crap,
            especially when the other Yahoo groups I belong to do not have this
            problem. Also, I find "naked photos" and "my penis" to be offensive,
            and I don't want to be on those sorts of lists.
            Thank you,
            Marcia and Snowflake
          • diane
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
              Marcia,

              This list does not allow attachments. Unless you click on a link,
              there is *nothing* that this garbage can do to *any* computer.

              Sorry to see you go.

              Diane

            • MarisaKatnic@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 3, 2007
                Okay everyone "delete" is a easy key to strike to avoid the spam but the
                weath of information you get or can provide other than spam is worth the extra
                key stroke.

                Hang in there. Spam is something that is just trash. We all have trash.
                Just toss it and absord the importance we have here.

                We all make a difference. Remember that.

                Marisa and Oliver

              • C.R.
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 16, 2010
                  Looks like the spammers are out again. Sorry about that. I deleted the post and banned the person.

                  Carol
                • carolroars
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 25, 2013
                    Sorry for the spam messages. I've deleted them and banned the member.
                    .
                    I'm not online all the time, and do delete these messages and ban the members as soon as I see them.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having these spam messages come to your inboxes.

                    Carol
                    Moderator, feline-heart
                  • Diane
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 25, 2013
                      I was away all day as well. Please don't worry about spam, it will
                      definitely be caught by one of us, just not always at that instant.

                      Diane

                      At 10:38 AM -0800 11/25/13, <carolroar@...> wrote:

                      >Sorry for the spam messages. I've deleted them and banned the member.
                      >.
                      >I'm not online all the time, and do delete these messages and ban
                      >the members as soon as I see them. I'm sorry for the inconvenience
                      >of having these spam messages come to your inboxes.
                      >
                      >Carol
                      >Moderator, feline-heart
                    • Jenny
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 26, 2013
                        Dear Carol and Diane,
                        No need to apologize! Thank you for all you do to keep this list available for those in need!
                        Jenny

                        Sent from my iPhone
                      • Diane
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 9, 2015
                          Spam
                          A lot of groups I'm on (non-cat as well) have seen an increase in spam. Please be patient while Yahoo works on their filters.

                          Thanks,
                          Diane

                          On Feb 8, 2015, at 11:53 AM, Gregory Zelchenko gregzel@... [feline-heart] <feline-heart-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                          I am, too, quite a lot.
                          On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 2:11 AM, starshinecb@... [feline-heart] <feline-heart-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                          I am getting more and more of these spam emails that say their from someone
                          in the group. Is anyone else getting them?
                        • nyppsi
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 15, 2015
                            Carol,

                            Same thing happened on Feline-CRF-Support.

                            Some jerk has obviously hacked my Address Book on AOL, so I'll do what I've successfully done before (same issue), i.e., delete the entire address book and create a new one from scratch, and change the password on my AOL account. This has only happened to me twice since I first signed on to AOL in 1991.

                            Thanks for letting me know about this.

                            Dick

                            In a message dated 6/15/2015 2:49:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, carolroar@... writes:

                            Hi Richard,

                            I think you must have gotten hacked.

                            Carol, moderator
                            feline-heart

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 15, 2015
                              Add following "contact" to your address book:   aaaaaaa@...

                              If hackers try to hack your contact list it will knock them out since the first contact is not a valid one.

                              Stay safe!!!  Michaela

                              CC: nyppsi@...

                                Thanks, Michaela.  This is great info to have!

                                Carol