Question on atenolol & enalapril

  • Sue B
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2005
      Hi,

      Do any of you mix atenolol or enalapril directly in the food? I think that somewhere in the past, I saw a note that someone did.

      I've been giving Pepper her meds in a liquid compound and she seems to be having a problem with it upsetting her stomach lately. After she gets it, she sits & burps and won't touch her food.

      Thanks,
      Sue

    • Lynn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2005
        Hi Sue :-)

        I crush Teegan's Enalapril and Lasix up with a mortar and pestal into a fine powder and
        then mix that into a small dolup of Fancy Feast Fish n Shrimp in his bowl (I also squeeze
        out a bit of the fish oils so it's not too dry), along with his regular Wellness food. He always
        goes for the Fancy Feast first and gobbles up his meds easily as they are pretty well
        disloved in the FF, then he eats his Wellness.
        I don't think they should be taking the meds on an empty stomach. Teegan hasn't had any
        problems with an upset tummy with the meds so far (going on three months now). I myself
        take Atenolol and the drug blurb says to take it with food. Thankfully, Lasix, Enalapril and
        Atenolol have no taste. I'd never get them down Teegan otherwise!

        Lynn & Teegy