Re: [FH] New member, kitty with dilated cardiomyopathy

  • Natalie A. Sera
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
      On May 29, 2005, at 10:23 PM, lclarizia@... wrote:

      > It is true that certain method of preparing cat food can lower the
      > actual
      > taurine content via the Maillard reaction and subsequent interaction
      > with cat
      > intestinal flora.

      So, what's the Maillard reaction???

      Natalie ._c-
    • jen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
        > And it was some of the best advice I've ever gotten -- I credit
        Susan's
        > timely advice for being a good part of the reason why I was able
        to help Baby Boy.
        > That kind of thing is what makes this list so valuable.

        Hear, hear! (or is that here, here??!!) I've been offline for some
        time and really missed everybody! I've spent the past few hours
        reading about 150 posts!

        Deagan is doing great, running around like an idiot! His foster
        brother Royal is staying - a turkish angora mix - and they love each
        other! The new foster arrived last week and today is his first day
        out - so far so good!

        Kitty hugs to everybody,

        jen, deagan, royal, kira the dog and sherwin the nutty foster (i
        forgot what kittens can be like!!)
      • Susan
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
          Thanks to Jen for her amazing way of explaining stuff
          due to her paramedic background and Lisa for her
          science background.

          --- jen <lundgren_jennifer@...> wrote:

          > > And it was some of the best advice I've ever
          > gotten -- I credit
          > Susan's
          > > timely advice for being a good part of the reason
          > why I was able
          > to help Baby Boy.
          > > That kind of thing is what makes this list so
          > valuable.
          >

          > Hear, hear! (or is that here, here??!!) I've been
          > offline for some
          > time and really missed everybody! I've spent the
          > past few hours
          > reading about 150 posts!
          >
          > Deagan is doing great, running around like an
          > idiot! His foster
          > brother Royal is staying - a turkish angora mix -
          > and they love each
          > other! The new foster arrived last week and today
          > is his first day
          > out - so far so good!
          >
          > Kitty hugs to everybody,
          >
          > jen, deagan, royal, kira the dog and sherwin the
          > nutty foster (i
          > forgot what kittens can be like!!)

          > --------------------~-->
          > Has someone you know been affected by illness or
          > disease?
          > Network for Good is THE place to support health
          > awareness efforts!

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/Zh0wlB/TM

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Jay Bangle
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2005
            Yes! I can't even *think* of the word "defibrilator* without the
            parenthetical "CLEAR" now! Thank you Jen!

            Jay

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2005
              --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Susan <somnamblst@y...> wrote:
              > Thanks to Jen for her amazing way of explaining stuff
              > due to her paramedic background and Lisa for her
              > science background.

              Right back at ya Susan! You are our source for the lastest of the
              studies. Without your research and help, I wouldn't know the latest
              research to bring to Deagan's cardiologist!

              jen, deagan, royal and kira the dog

              4 yo DSH, asymptomatic. Atenolol 25 mg twice daily; ASA 40 mg bi-
              weekly, CoQ10 30 mg daily and Cardiostrength by vetriscience 1 daily.