Re: [FH] Atenolol and diarrhea

  • CALYPSO1083@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 11:56 AM
      In a message dated 5/31/2005 2:44:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      feline-heart@yahoogroups.com writes:
      I see that opinions differ regarding whether atenolol or aspirin can
      cause diarrhea. It wouldn't surprise me if aspirin could, but I
      haven't been able to find anything about about diarrhea as a side
      effect of atenolol, except in dogs.
      Diarrhea is listed as one of the side effects on the info sheet for the drug.
      It can mask signs of an overactive thyroid; cause dizziness, nausea,
      difficulty breathing, headaches, fatigue.

      It less likely to cause diarrhea than aspirin.

      Alla McGeary