Re: [FH] New Member-Very Confused

  • CALYPSO1083@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2005
      In a message dated 5/25/2005 6:52:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      feline-heart@yahoogroups.com writes:
      Mooches is a CRF kitty who recently developed heavy breathing. The vet
      said her heart rate is 252! BP is 148. She has a grade 2 heart murmur.
      The doctor recommended enalapril
      Sam was taken off of Enalapril because because the combination with diuretics
      was affecting his kidneys. He is now on Benezepril which is a lot easier on
      the kidneys and his values are down to normal. he also takes supplements. You
      really need a cardiologist as a lot of vets are not familiar with all the
      different kinds of heart meds and diuretics. My vet checks with the cardiologist if
      there is a problem and Sam is not responding or stops responding to
      something. The cardiologist knows Sam and can in almost all cases help without having
      to be seen. My vet even sends the EKG to him for interpretation.

      Alla McGeary