Re: [FH] low sodium cat food?

  • lclarizia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , May 28, 2005
      In a message dated 5/27/2005 5:30:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Savionna
      writes:

      > I'm not sure what you mean that cats have "limited ability to use glucose
      > as a fuel source." In cats, as in most animals, glucose is the primary source
      > of energy. The diff. between cats and many other animals, however, is that
      > cats have evolved to derive glucose from animal proteins and fats, not from

      Yes, I know glucose is derived from protein and fats -- I meant dietary
      glucose/carbohydrates, as many/most domestic cats eat commercial foods which are
      higher in carbohydrates than their wild-type diet. I wasn't very clear in what
      I was saying.

      Lisa

      "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

      - Anatole France