Re: [FH] Murmur went away
> However, Cocoa had a grade 1 murmur, which is pretty mild, so maybe theyActually, they did the X-ray and ultrasound in spite of the fact that
> assumed that a grade 1 murmur which two different vets could no long hear
> wasn't worth stressing her.
they no longer heard the murmur. I just wish they had called and asked
whether I still wanted the tests done first. I'm happy to know Cocoa
has one less health issue, but if I'd known they didn't hear a murmur
anymore I might have decided to wait and see whether it came back
before spending an extra $300 on this vet visit, which already made a
big dent in my vet fund because of the costs of the dental. It just
makes me wonder whose best interests they had in mind, when combined
with the fact that they have pushed for expensive solutions first in
other cases in which I've learned that there are better solutions that
are cheaper. Or is it likely that there could have been other problems
even with the murmur gone?
Help the meezers!
- In a message dated 5/28/2005 12:20:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> It justWell, they're seldom in the business of refusing your money. I guess I read
> makes me wonder whose best interests they had in mind, when combined
> with the fact that they have pushed for expensive solutions first in
> other cases in which I've learned that there are better solutions that
> are cheaper. Or is it likely that there could have been other problems
> even with the murmur gone?
your original email wrong, I thought they HADN'T done an ultrasound or x-ray.
Personally, I'd argue FOR doing them, just to be on the safe side because
some murmurs are easier to hear than others and you want to remove the subjective
element ... but they should have ASKED you first before running expensive
procedures like that.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
- Anatole France
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]