Re: [FH] Murmur went away

  • Nicole Baird
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2005
      > However, Cocoa had a grade 1 murmur, which is pretty mild, so maybe they
      > assumed that a grade 1 murmur which two different vets could no long hear
      > wasn't worth stressing her.

      Actually, they did the X-ray and ultrasound in spite of the fact that
      they no longer heard the murmur. I just wish they had called and asked
      whether I still wanted the tests done first. I'm happy to know Cocoa
      has one less health issue, but if I'd known they didn't hear a murmur
      anymore I might have decided to wait and see whether it came back
      before spending an extra $300 on this vet visit, which already made a
      big dent in my vet fund because of the costs of the dental. It just
      makes me wonder whose best interests they had in mind, when combined
      with the fact that they have pushed for expensive solutions first in
      other cases in which I've learned that there are better solutions that
      are cheaper. Or is it likely that there could have been other problems
      even with the murmur gone?

      Nicole

      --
      Help the meezers!
      www.siameserescue.org
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2005
        In a message dated 5/28/2005 12:20:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        nicolebaird@... writes:

        > It just
        > makes me wonder whose best interests they had in mind, when combined
        > with the fact that they have pushed for expensive solutions first in
        > other cases in which I've learned that there are better solutions that
        > are cheaper. Or is it likely that there could have been other problems
        > even with the murmur gone?

        Well, they're seldom in the business of refusing your money. I guess I read
        your original email wrong, I thought they HADN'T done an ultrasound or x-ray.
        Personally, I'd argue FOR doing them, just to be on the safe side because
        some murmurs are easier to hear than others and you want to remove the subjective
        element ... but they should have ASKED you first before running expensive
        procedures like that.

        Lisa

        "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

        - Anatole France