compounding meds?

  • vickie
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      I've been told that none of the pills Baby is only can be in turned into
      a dermagel. I notice some stated one of the meds was in dermagel.

      Which of the pills have a bad taste?

      I crush up Baby's pills and put them in a small amount of food, but he only
      eats about half of it at times, then I have to force feed the rest. He isn't a
      big eater and one sitting. Now I'm wondering if he can taste any of the meds.

      This morning I took some juice from the can food, and mixed with the crushed
      pills and squirted in his mouth.

      Vickie
      In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
      Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!

    • brinkett
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2005
        > I've been told that none of the pills Baby is only can be in turned
        into
        > a dermagel.

        The only medication that has been shown to be as effective when
        administered as a dermagel is tapazole (which also goes by another
        name beginning with 'm' - it's the medication given for
        hyperthyroidism). The jury is still out on everything else.

        You can also have medications compounded into treats or liquid. You
        might want to try that.

        Sarah.