Re: [FH] Re: vet tech/cat sitter in nyc

  • Sue B
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2005
      Irene,

      If you're looking for places that accept pets, I have a bunch of links here -
      http://www.magdrl-nj.com/links2.html#travel

      Sue

      Irene, there are motels that will accept traveling animals. AAA will have a
      booklet on who and where. If Scratch doesn't like to drive, break him in
      with small trips around the block and praise him much. I make 1 hour trips
      with both of my cats and only the first time was a struggle. Now they just
      curl up and enjoy the vibrations. I do this rather than hire the local vet
      tech that pet sits here in the neighborhood because of a VERY bad outcome I
      had with my DSH (Elijah) and the pet sitter. I've never gotten over it.
      Her refusal to follow instructions, which included calling me if there was a
      problem, cost the life of my beloved pet. Good luck. Lois

    • Natalie A.Sera
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005
        On May 2, 2005, at 12:32 PM, ireneboater wrote:
        > Scratch hates the vet's place and he hates new people. I got a
        > friend to help me but she couldn't pill him b/c he was so upset. He
        > didn't recognizer her and started hissing at her and freaked out. No
        > pills that night for him.
        >
        > I'm just wondering could or should I bring him with me to the hotel?
        > The drive is around 2 hours.

        Dunno what your travel/business situation is, but some hotels are very
        pet-friendly. Motel 6 and La Quinta come to mind -- I don't know if
        they exist on the east coast.

        If you need to leave a cat during the day, they want it confined to a
        tent or enclosure -- but that's because they don't want the cat running
        out the door when the housekeepers come in to clean. (And neither do
        you!!) Alternatively, you can leave the "do not disturb" sign up all
        day, but that's a little nervewracking -- someone might come in anyway.

        HTH,

        Natalie ._c-