RE: [FH] Re: vet tech/cat sitter in nyc

  • Lois Benes
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2005
      Irene, there are motels that will accept traveling animals. AAA will have a
      booklet on who and where. If Scratch doesn’t like to drive, break him in
      with small trips around the block and praise him much. I make 1 hour trips
      with both of my cats and only the first time was a struggle. Now they just
      curl up and enjoy the vibrations. I do this rather than hire the local vet
      tech that pet sits here in the neighborhood because of a VERY bad outcome I
      had with my DSH (Elijah) and the pet sitter. I’ve never gotten over it.
      Her refusal to follow instructions, which included calling me if there was a
      problem, cost the life of my beloved pet. Good luck. Lois

    • Sue B
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005
        Irene,

        If you're looking for places that accept pets, I have a bunch of links here -
        http://www.magdrl-nj.com/links2.html#travel

        Sue

        Irene, there are motels that will accept traveling animals. AAA will have a
        booklet on who and where. If Scratch doesn't like to drive, break him in
        with small trips around the block and praise him much. I make 1 hour trips
        with both of my cats and only the first time was a struggle. Now they just
        curl up and enjoy the vibrations. I do this rather than hire the local vet
        tech that pet sits here in the neighborhood because of a VERY bad outcome I
        had with my DSH (Elijah) and the pet sitter. I've never gotten over it.
        Her refusal to follow instructions, which included calling me if there was a
        problem, cost the life of my beloved pet. Good luck. Lois

      • Natalie A.Sera
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2005
          On May 2, 2005, at 12:32 PM, ireneboater wrote:
          > Scratch hates the vet's place and he hates new people. I got a
          > friend to help me but she couldn't pill him b/c he was so upset. He
          > didn't recognizer her and started hissing at her and freaked out. No
          > pills that night for him.
          >
          > I'm just wondering could or should I bring him with me to the hotel?
          > The drive is around 2 hours.

          Dunno what your travel/business situation is, but some hotels are very
          pet-friendly. Motel 6 and La Quinta come to mind -- I don't know if
          they exist on the east coast.

          If you need to leave a cat during the day, they want it confined to a
          tent or enclosure -- but that's because they don't want the cat running
          out the door when the housekeepers come in to clean. (And neither do
          you!!) Alternatively, you can leave the "do not disturb" sign up all
          day, but that's a little nervewracking -- someone might come in anyway.

          HTH,

          Natalie ._c-