Re: [FH] pilling--pill in food

  • Carrie H
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2 6:11 AM
      Just saw this-

      when my cat first went on her meds, there was
      absolutley no way to get her to take her pills. We
      went through various ways of pilling, liquidized
      medicine to swallow, etc etc.
      We finally came up with the following routine:
      atenolol gel in her ear every morning, lasix and
      enalopril crushed up and put in an amount of food that
      she would eat for dinner. Once she got use to the
      taste, I have begun just throwing the whole enalopril
      in a small amount of wet food (she has been weened off
      the lasix now) and sprinkling some dry food on top.
      She must have gotten use to the taste of the pill, and
      assumes its the same crunch as her dry food. It has
      worked great for us. I was concerned about crushing
      her pill at first, but the vets agreed that it would
      be ok since she ate it all up quickly. She has been on
      this set up for nearly a year now and is doing great.
      Life has been much easier on Sagira and I since!!

      http://mail.yahoo.com