Gratitude

  • Natalie A.Sera
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 11:26 AM
      On May 1, 2005, at 6:30 AM, diane wrote:
      > Feline Heart List Mom

      Hi, Diane,

      I just wanted to thank you for having this list. When Tule was
      diagnosed 3 years ago with a hole in his heart (he has a grade 6 murmur
      -- you can feel it just by holding him), I was pretty distraught, and
      had nowhere to turn. Especially since the vet warned me about the high
      risk of clot-formation and eventual heart failure, and he was just a
      kitten at the time. So I spent a lot of time crying.

      Then with Tata diagnosed just a few days ago, and mentioning it on the
      TICA list, and having some kind soul there refer me to your list, I
      felt like a hand reaching out to save me from drowning.

      I'm still pretty bummed out, but it does look like Tata is stabilizing,
      and I know cats don't live forever anyway, but I have REALLY
      appreciated the folks who have taken the time to write, and the answers
      to my questions -- I can't call the vet every 5 minutes, especially on
      a weekend!

      I've included pictures of Tata and Tule -- I tried to upload them to
      Yahoo, but couldn't do it.
      Can they be sent to the list as is?

      Thanks and hugs,

      Natalie ._c-

      ----------

      Tule in a Tree -- Tule is a Chausie, which is a breed being developed
      from the South Asian Jungle Cat (Felis Chaus) -- he's an F3, which
      means that he has one great-grandparent who is a Jungle Cat. Otherwise,
      he's a mixture of Oriental Shorthair, Aby and Bengal. He is tall and
      elegant, and people have told me he looks like a little cougar. He has
      the sweetest, most loving and companionable personality.

      ----------

      TICA (The International Cat Association) Mid-Pacific Regional Winner,
      Supreme Grand Master TTFN Kusoshiri as a kitten. TTFN stands for Ta Ta
      For Now -- because I couldn't think of a name for her!! :-)

      Tata as an adult. She's a feral rescue -- the litter was found and
      brought to the humane society when they were about 2 weeks old and were
      then hand raised and bottle fed. The brother died immediately, and the
      sister was brain-damaged and had to be put down when it became obvious
      that she was not going to adapt. We thought Tata would be OK, and she
      HAS been OK for 4 years -- a very sweet, gentle, rather quiet cat. In
      retrospect, I think that her quietness was probably a sign of her
      advancing heart disease, but she didn't appear to be suffering until
      just last Thursday.