Not wanting to be here :-(

  • Natalie A.Sera
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005
      Hi, all,

      My beloved 4-year old HHP, Tata, has just been diagnosed with
      cardiomyopathy. It's apparently in an intermediate stage, and was
      diagnosed by a feline cardiologist (cost me my whole month's salary!).
      She has atrial fibrillation, enlarged ventricles, and fluid build-up in
      the chest. They diagnosed it by ECG and echocardiogram.

      So, needless to say, I'm feeling very upset, bewildered, uncertain and
      all those other things that happen when you discover a life-threatening
      illness in a family member.

      I also have another cat, Tule, also 4 years old, who was born with a
      hole in his heart, but he's doing very well so far. The circulation is
      not normal, but good enough that he's able to enjoy life. However,
      there is still the risk of clots and heart failure.

      I really didn't want 2 cats to be stricken with heart disease, and
      knowing that I could lose either or both of them at any time is very
      difficult for me.

      I would appreciate any support you could give me -- even a virtual hug
      -- I haven't got the crying done yet.

      Natalie ._c-