Re: [FH] Re: Pepper's checkup

  • lclarizia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2005
      In a message dated 4/25/2005 6:57:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      ireneboater@... writes:

      > how much is it to compound the meds?

      It varies from place to place ... when Baby Boy got his meds compounded (I do
      it myself now) it was about the same as the meds in pill form.

      > Scratchy is starting to puke up his meds and refuses to take it. I
      > try to hide it in treats.

      I can't get Baby Boy to fall for that ... life would be much easier if he
      would!

      > Can I get injectable lasix too?

      That has to be prescribed by a vet, and whether or not your vet will
      prescribe it depends on ... well, the vet. Mine gave it to me for the asking because
      he knew I knew how to do a sub-q injection, and because Baby Boy was so bad
      off at the time. I have heard of other people who were refused it because the
      vet didn't feel it was safe to prescribe -- though there's no legal reason, as
      far as I know, not to do so.

      Lisa

      "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

      - Anatole France