Re: Nigel - Rest In Peace

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
      Hello.

      I want to thank everyone who e-mailed me regarding the death of my
      beloved cat, Nigel. It was really helpful to have others share in
      my loss and send me such kind and loving e-mails. THANK YOU! I
      wish I could respond to everyone individually, but I do not have the
      energy at this time.

      One person told me that when her friend (human) had a sudden heart
      attack, she said it felt like she was drowning. It reaffirmed for
      me that I made the right decision to end Nigel's suffering. I felt
      so bad for him (watching him try to breathe on the medical table),
      and I wanted to end his confusion and pain.

      In the months after Nigel went into congestive heart failure and was
      diagnosed with HCM, I would get teary thinking of life without him.
      Then I would remind myself that he was still alive....that I needed
      to focus on the present and spend as much quality time with him as
      possible.

      I know all the people on this group are here because they love their
      cats and want to make sure their pets are getting the best treatment
      possible. I think that expressing my adoration and love towards my
      cat on a daily basis was some of the best medicine he could get.

      :-) Sarah
    • Sarah
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2005
        For those of you that are interested, I posted two pictures of Nigel
        in the photos section. One is my favorite picture of him on a chair,
        and the other is him playing in the snow at my mother's house one week
        before his death. There was a folder in the photos section in the
        past, but it looks like it was deleted.

        Thank you all again for your kind words and support during this
        difficult time.

        SAB (Sarah)