Scratchy update (another clot)

  • ireneboater
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 9:44 AM
      Hi everyone.

      Got back from DC last night and had a great night with Scratchy. He
      slept with me and was so cuddly, sleeping under the covers with me
      when I went to go take a nap.

      This morning I was giving him his pills and he kinda looked over his
      shoulder, meowed painfully, and seemed stuck in that position. I
      grabbed him so he wouldn't fall off the bed and laid him down.
      That's when I noticed that he wasn't moving his right front leg -- I
      knew he had just thrown another clot.

      I just don't know what to do. He's sleeping right now, able to get
      around without using his front paw too much. I just don't want to
      bring him into the vet yet again. He HATES is there and I just don't
      konw what they could do for him that he can't have in the comfort of
      his home. Seems like all they do is really monitor him and give him
      pain killers. And all the vets comment how much he HATES being in
      the hospital.

      Anyway, he is still eating but seems uncomfortable (changing his
      positions a lot). He pets himself on me and purrs still too. He's
      able to limp around (unlike when had his saddle thrombosis) but he
      falls down sometimes (b/c his front leg won't work). I tried to lock
      him up in a closet with food and litter but he wants out and paws at
      the door.

      So I guess what I'm going to do is just monitor him and if it seems
      worse, go to the vet again...

      I just feel helpless.

      My laptop is broken so I won't be able to get messages for a few
      hours. You can try to IM my mobile at AOL. ducmonster1221

      I'm ok. just really really sad right now.

      Irene