Nattokinase vs. lumbrokinase (buluoke)

  • meredityok@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2005
      I need to learn about these enzymes, and quickly, since Monkey has already
      experienced two blood clots leaving her heart. For those of you using one of
      these enzymes, who are willing to respond, I would really appreciate hearing:
      how you decided which of these two enzymes to use; how long you have been doing
      it; was it recommended by your vet; if not recommended by your vet, how did
      you learn about the enzyme and how did your vet respond to your decision to use?

      Thanks to all who respond. I read some of the info I found on this group,
      and some of the links I'm finding don't work. I don't know how/if I can get my
      vet to research this beyond what she has already done (consulted with
      cardiologists who said basically to stick with the proven lovenox). I am finding I'm
      pretty exhausted from all this and don't have the attention span to read the
      more technical stuff, which I know I am ultimately responsible for evaluating
      as Monkey's advocate....therefore, I really admire those of you who found this
      group and have been educating yourselves before finding yourself in an urgent
      situation, as we are. Monkey has had the HCM diagnosis for years, but was
      doing so well that I didn't think I needed further support or information. Then,
      after the first clot, when she couldn't use her front leg, she recovered so
      quickly, I again didn't feel a need for anything additional. With this second
      event, the saddle thrombosis, I knew I needed something, and am grateful to
      have found this group. Wish I had looked for you all years ago, then maybe we
      would not be in this situation now.

      Thanks, everyone....Meredith with Monkey