Re: [FH] Update on our boys

  • monalissa1978
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Sue B <rockii@o...> wrote:

      > Without a definite diagnosis I'd go back in 2 months.>

      Hi Sue,

      I appreciate your feedback. I do plan on bringing him for another
      echo at some point, but not 2 months. It's only been 7 months since
      his last echo and 10 months before that. We are flat out tapped
      financially, with more routine visits coming up in a couple of months.

      The cardio said if it is thickened it's so slight that it would be
      very mild heart disease. *I think* she also said not something that
      would require treatment (though I know it's a matter of opinion when
      to treat), but if she's not 100% I'm not going to push treatment. I
      took everyone's advice here and got them to a cardiologist, one who
      has been doing this for 25 years. I have to trust her experience to
      some extent. Next time we can try one of the other cardios at the
      hospital to get a different perspective.

      > Panting is just not normal in cats. An x-ray can diagnose some
      respiratory diseases like asthma. If your cat does have asthma, you
      can learn a lot from the Yahoo group -
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline_Asthma_Bronchitis/>

      We did X-rays at our vet before going, which the cardiologist and
      nephrologist took a look at briefly as well, and his lungs look
      fine. No signs of asthma at all. Not sure what is left to do? I
      plan to get him back on his antihistamine and if it is related to his
      seasonal allergies, I imagine this will help.

      Thanks so much =)
      Lisa