Re: [FH] Re: Heart medications

  • lclarizia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2005
      In a message dated 3/29/2005 9:31:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      somnamblst@... writes:

      > I have not gotten the
      > ipression that lasix initiates RAAS but that HF does
      > and by the time lasix is needed it is a safe
      > assumption that RAAS is activated because there is at
      > least not in felines a blood test to see if RAAS is
      > activated. Now maybe scientist Lisa will correct me if
      > I am wrong.

      RAAS is initially activated by heart failure (mechanisms by which this
      happens are not fully understood) but is exacerbated by long-term diuretic therapy.
      I really need to learn more about this.

      Lisa

      "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

      - Anatole France