Gel Caps

  • Neysa423
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2005
      Lucy is not thrilled with the liquid meds I had compounded (mostly
      the Accolate), so I'm probably going to switch back to pilling that.
      We tried that this morning, washing down the Accolate with the
      liquid Enalapril mixed with a little baby food and it didn't seem
      too bad. But because the Accolate is so bitter, I'm thinking it's
      time for some gelcaps. I've looked at the archives and it seems
      size 3 is mentioned as a good cat size.

      At the moment she just needs a 1/4 tablet (it's a small sliver) of
      the Accolate, but if I'm going to buy in bulk I'd like to get
      something that would hold a bigger dose or additional meds when
      they're needed. What do most of you use? Lucy is a tiny cat, so
      don't want to be giving her anything too big.

      As always - thanks for the advice!
      -- Amy
    • NeonShadowCat
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2012
        I put Neon's pills in a size #4 gelcap. I bought them on E-Bay. Neon is one of those cats that you can't sneak the pills to. Most things work once or twice then he's figured it out and spits them at you