Good News Changing to Atenolol!

  • amazing_audra
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
      I switched Sissy from Dilacor to Atenolol 2 days ago, and she's doing
      great! She's eating everything I put in front of her. She had
      previously been on Dilacor for 2 months and lost 4 pounds. Her
      appetite is very healthy, and she is very frisky and playful. I'm
      hoping there is no build-up effect of atenolol over time that will
      cause her to get nauseaus and not eat, but for now, I'm very
      encouraged!

      She goes for her first cardio checkup next month. She's been doing
      great, and her heart rate and respitory rate are normal. I'm hoping
      that the incident of CHF she had in December was the result of her
      having surgery a few weeks earlier to remove bladder stones. I've
      heard that the anesthesia can weaken or aggrivate a previously
      existing heart condition. Sissy had a long history of a minor heart
      murmer 2/3 for several years, and I had her heart sonigram before she
      had surgery, and everything was fine. So, I'm hopeful that what
      caused her initial CHF was due to the surgery and that her heart will
      show enough improvement at next months cardio check-up to get her out
      of the danger zone for a while. Anybody know of any similar stories?

      Audra Mitchell & Sissy
    • diane
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
        One of the side affects of Dilacor is anorexia. Mudgie had this
        problem as well. We took him off the meds completely and he started
        eating again. I didn't think that Dilacor and Atenolol were
        interchangeable though, Kearra was on Atenolol at the same time and
        their conditions were a bit different. I could be wrong, this was a
        few years ago, 5 actually!

        Diane