Anyone using Dandelion instead of Lasix?

  • amazing_audra
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      I was considering trying to ween Sissy off Lasix at some time in the
      future if she keeps improving and try Dandelion. I've heard that the
      Dandelion is a lot easier on their kidneys and contains potassium,
      and as long as the cat is not experiencing heart failure that it may
      be enough of a diruetic to reduce or eliminate Lasix.

      Anybody have any advice?

      Audra Mitchell & Sissy
    • Karen
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
        I have no experience with dandelion, but I do believe the
        liquid "cranberry-based" digestive supplement my kitty was on for 15
        months (purchased at Petsmart) was acting as a mild, natural diuretic
        for him. At the time, I was giving because it contained vit E, and
        was a liquid, which I needed to dilute the baby food. A year later, I
        realized when we ran out and I couldn't get out to buy more for a
        week, he would need his diuretic, furosemide. So I believe this
        supplement was very helpful for him in terms of being a natural
        diuretic .. I gave one or two tsp. twice a day. More details on last
        link (sept 2004) of his website.

        Karen
        http://www.ziggycat.netfirms.com/

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "amazing_audra"