hard muscles

  • ireneboater
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2005
      Hi everyone!

      Thanks again for all your support and emails, it is amazing how much
      information and love is here!

      Scratchy seems to be doing well. Sleeping a lot still but eating
      when I put the food in front of him and drinking some water too. He
      pooped today too! (sorry if it's too much info ;)

      Now my question is... his right leg seems to be the 'worse' leg
      (they are both bad) but what I've noticed is that the bad leg
      seems 'harder' than the better log. I've been trying to massage them
      as much as I can but he doesn't really take to it very well. He give
      me this look as well as a painful meow.

      What would you suggest I do? I have cushions everywhere for him to
      sleep on and he is able to turn himself around and adjust his
      sleeping position. I bought him a warming mat, but he doesn't seem
      to like it too much.

      What else are people giving their Kitties? I know that the CoQ10?
      seems to work but where would I get that? Anything else? I'm giving
      him the Natto stuff and now Fragmin. As Lisa said so eloquently
      before, I'm willing to try as much as I can since from what I
      understand, Scratchy's illness is terminal. Where would I get the
      A/D food? He like to lick the wet food (gravy) and doesn't like the
      dry food as much.

      Is the sleeping a bad sign? He doesn't seem like he's in pain right
      now (except when I massage him).

      I'm also considering the wheelchair option and wondering if anyone
      has done it for their cat after they lost use of their legs? I saw a
      cat on www.brighthaven.org (TIM) that uses a wheelchair and just
      wondering what other people have experienced.

      Thank you all again! Your stories are inspirations to me!
      I seriously cannot say thank you enough for all your help.

      Irene and Scratchy.
    • jen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
        Irene,

        Hope Scratchy is feeling good today!

        Cuddles the wonder dog had a K9 cart. Unfortunately, she was pretty
        passive dog and being winter she didn't pull hard enough to get it
        through the snow and it would get caught on stuff in the house. If
        she got stuck on something, she would just stand there and wait. I
        think for smaller animals it would be much better, but Cuddles was 80
        lbs. I think the cart depends on the character of the animal in it.
        I think my dog now wouldn't have any problem with the cart, as long
        as she could chase her tennis ball!

        jen, deagan and kira the dog.
      • Susan
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
          --- ireneboater <ireneboater@...> wrote:
          Where
          > would I get the
          > A/D food? He like to lick the wet food (gravy) and
          > doesn't like the
          > dry food as much.

          Irene,

          Your vet can sell you cans of A/D. It is a highly
          palatable (very smelly) caloric food that he may have
          been getting when he was in the hospital. A/D can be
          thinned with water for syringe feeding or you can let
          him lick it off your fingers.

          Susan

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250