Telly has passed on

  • morrishem
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
      Hello everyone,
      Telly left us this morning at around 930 EST. My husband got home
      from work at around 630 and he was happy and playful, doing his
      normal morning routine of racing my other boy, Jagger, to the food
      bowl. My husband came to bed and soon after that I heard Telly cry
      out. My husband said that it must be a cat outside. I raced out of
      bed to make sure, adn unfortunately it was not another cat. I think
      Telly must have had a stroke. At first I thout he had a DVT (blood
      clot in his hind leg), but then we realized that he could not feel
      his hind legs or tail. He kept trying to get up. He had allready lost
      his bowls and vomitted. I tried to put some water on my finger and
      wet his lips but he vomitted again. We moved him to his favorite bed
      and layed with him, talked to him, petted him and told him it was
      allright to let go. His lungs filled up with fluid I think. We were
      going to take him to his vet at 11am, so he did not have to suffer,
      but he passed on his own. The last few minutes were very peaceful for
      him, and when he finally let go, he had a little smile on his face.
      I am grateful to have been there for him ,and that he passed at home
      with us instead of at the vet. He will be remembered always, as
      everyone he met loved him. Thank you for all the support in the past
      3 weeks, as I know that I did everything I could to try and save him.
      Say a prayer for my little munchkin's soul, as I know in my heart
      this happened so he could go and make another person as happy as he
      made me. I knew from the moment I saw him I NEEDED him.(Even though
      it was not a convienient time ). Somebody else must need him now.
      Heather
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
        Dear Heather,
        I sat here reading your post and cried my heart out for I know what
        you and your husband went through with your Telly. I have been
        through the same thing with 2 others and it is beyond sad and
        heartbreaking. I have 2 more with that horrible affliction and my
        heart breaks for you!! Please know that everyone on this list is
        thinking of you!
        I keep hoping for a miracle that will save my babies and know that it
        can only be in God's hands. The last one I lost was in Dec. 2003 and
        hardly a night has gone by without crying for him.
        Wishing you peace and comfort,
        Linda

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "morrishem" <morrishem@y...>