Re: [FH] anyone have a persian cat with a heart murmur

  • ladycherise@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi there, I dont have a Persian but I have a purebred Ragdoll. He is 6
      months old now and has been diagnosed with a heart murmer and HCM since he was 3
      months old.
      Heart murmers in kittens can sometimes go away on their own but an HCM
      diagnosis has no cure, the cat can live a fairly prolonged life on certain
      medications to slow the progression down such as duiretics and heart meds like
      Atenalol.
      I would suggest you get your beloved cat to a board certified cardiologist
      who can work in conjunction with your vet because most DMV's dont have adequate
      training to care for heart patients

      regards Cindy