Sushi-update

  • sushi335
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      I went to see Sushi's regular vet today and he says that it is only a
      matter of time. He has put him on 0.5 mg. of enalapril and we will
      see how it goes. I will still be doing his subq's only not as much
      60 to 70 mls. a day. My vet doesn't think I need to split the dosage
      half in am and half in pm. but I think that there would be less
      chance of fluid buildup in lungs. Also I don't know what will happen
      with his kidneys with this new med. The vet said it could help or it
      may cause them to deteriorate quickly. Any opinions and or
      suggestions? I decided not to do the cardiac ultrasound because my
      vet doesn't think it's going to alter treatment any. Sushi had one a
      year ago and heart had showed a little enlargement but it has
      progressed. My other reason was that the visits to the vet on
      Saturday and today took a lot out of Sushi, he was very upset, more
      so than I have ever seen, so I will not put him through another visit
      to have his chest shaved, etc. Hope I am doing the right thing.