Re: [feline-heart]

  • Voula Augerinos
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2001
      Hi Anyes,

      > Do you think that Pebbles could have some fluid build up around the
      lungs?
      > My Lucie made a squeak or moan when I picked her up with one hand under
      the
      > chest, if she had fluid building up in the chest.
      Can you explain the squeak a bit more. The sound seemed to come out of
      Pebbles' nose on the out breath. Actually a couple of weeks ago I noticed
      this sound (like a wheezy whistling sound is the best way I can describe
      it). This morning it was after I put Pebbles' down that I noticed the
      sound. So my hand wasn't on her chest. I actually lifted her with one hand
      to move her off my chest. Maybe the pressure? She made the sound for a few
      seconds, maybe ten or so seconds then it stopped.

      > That's in addition to the
      > breath which was not necessarily faster. Sometimes it was actually
      slower, but
      > deliberate as if each breath took more focus to get in and out.
      Pebbles breathing seems okay that way. I know what you mean about the
      slower more deliberate breathing. This is the way it was before Pebbles was
      on the heart medication. It's not that way now.
      Love, Voula.