Whiskers Update (RCM & anemia)

  • sciani@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2001
      Took Whiskers to the vet on Friday for a kidney values check. BUN is
      1 point above range. Sodium is 4 points above range. PCV is 19 -
      that's 2 points better than 5 weeks ago. Everything else
      is "normal". Vet seemed very pleased with the results considering
      all the meds Whiskers is taking. He hasn't needed a chest tap since
      Jan 24.

      Yesterday, he actually sought out a sunny spot in the living room -
      something he hasn't done is 8 months! His appetite continues to be
      pretty good and he eats several small meals each day.

      So we are continuing with the treatment as is. Keeping my fingers
      crossed that he gets some really good days in this Spring.

      Susan C
    • the chunns
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2001
        Glad to hear Whiskers is doing well. RCM is what TC had also -
        apparently the least common of the kitty heart conditions.

        Pat
        > Took Whiskers to the vet on Friday for a kidney values check. BUN is
        > 1 point above range. Sodium is 4 points above range. PCV is 19 -
        > that's 2 points better than 5 weeks ago. Everything else
        > is "normal". Vet seemed very pleased with the results considering
        > all the meds Whiskers is taking. He hasn't needed a chest tap since
        > Jan 24.
        >
        > Yesterday, he actually sought out a sunny spot in the living room -
        > something he hasn't done is 8 months! His appetite continues to be
        > pretty good and he eats several small meals each day.
        >
        > So we are continuing with the treatment as is. Keeping my fingers
        > crossed that he gets some really good days in this Spring.
        >
        > Susan C

      • Mike & Linda Irrgang
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2001
          congrats to Whiskers progress. ..it does look like you'll be able to look
          forward to some happy springtimes....

          we're thinking of you,
          linda andthe boys

        • brunobaby@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2001
            Susan C wrote:

            >Vet seemed very pleased with the results considering
            > all the meds Whiskers is taking. He hasn't needed a chest tap
            >since Jan 24.

            Yay!

            Go, Whiskers!

            --Melinda