Re: [FH] septal hypertrophy - anyone with experience on this?

  • lclarizia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2005
      In a message dated 1/6/2005 10:36:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      timbysmommy@... writes:

      > One of my babies was Dx with septal hypertrophy, a thickening of the
      > heart between right and left. I was told it was not HCM, but
      > everything that I read seems to indicate that it is a form of HCM

      Well, it is a form of HCM in that the interventricular septum is often
      thickened in HCM. Did the vets say why they didn't think it was HCM proper?

      Lisa

    • timbysmommy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2005
        Hi Lisa,

        I am going to discuss that very point with the vet and try to get an
        answer. I think because it is not widespread throughout the heart
        muscle maybe that's why he didn't refer to it as HCM. But everything
        I have read and replies from people seem to indicate that it is a
        type of it. My cardiologist is someone I trust and he treated another
        of my cats for 6 years with HCM - he lived to 15. So I think maybe it
        was a misunderstanding since I didn't speak directly to him.

        Thanks for the info,

        Linda