Under anesthesia today

  • cayvb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2005
      I may or may not have introduced myself to this group. I've joined a
      few since McGovern, age 8, 19.9lbs, beautiful orange tabby tuxedo was
      diagnosed with HCM a few months ago. Atenolol 12.5 per day. Since his
      yearly exam and rabies shot in October, he has had bladder problems
      for the first time in years. Now he's blocked and has to be
      anesthesized for treatment.
      I dropped Gov off at the vet and they are going to fit him in this
      morning to catheterize him. I'm so scared he won't make it through
      the anesthesia. My friend lost her small dog to anesthesia a few
      years ago and it was so unexpected because the eye surgery itself was
      so routine. But I realize there is always a risk and a greater one if
      their health is compromised. I was told to wait until noontime and
      call if I hadn't heard anything so it's an eternity until then.
      Thanks for listening, Cathy. crossposted from petvetcafe