Cornish Rex with Heart Murmur question

  • all2soon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2005
      Hello,

      I have a female Cornish Rex who has a heart murmur. The vet says
      that this could cause complications for spaying her. They want $600+
      just to spay her! I can't afford that kind of money (she was a gift)
      and am wondering if anyone has any advice. She is constantly in heat
      and my nerves are raw! The vet recommended giving her Benadryll to
      make her sleepy but she hates it...I've tried both liquid and pills
      (breaking up and adding to her food) and have had no luck whatsoever.
      I'm at the end of my rope.

      Janet