Re: [FH] OT: My boss had a heart attack

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 104 , Jan 5, 2005
      Thanks Jay,

      So I guess myocardial infarction can affect any
      chamber depending on where the blockage is. But that
      some chambers would be worse to have scarred by the
      hypoxia.

      Unfortunately he has been on Celebrex for severe back
      pain for some time. He is only 40.

      Susan

      --- Jay Bangle <jay@...> wrote:

      > Yes. Mammal hearts are very similar. So dog, cat,
      > human, monkey, pig
      > hearts all act more or less the same and have more
      > or less the same
      > anatomy.
      >
      > Right side deals with UNoxygenated blood coming from
      > the body. The
      > atrium (top chamber) of the right side collects the
      > blood from the
      > body, then transfers it to the right side ventricle
      > (bottom chamber).
      > This transfer is heard as the "lub" of the normal
      > "lub-dub" sound.
      > The valve between those two chambers is the
      > tri-cuspid valve. The
      > ventricle then pumps the unoxygenated blood to the
      > lungs (*dub*). It
      > gathers oxygen, dumps off the waste carbon dioxide
      > and then returns to
      > the heart's LEFT atrium. Which essentially does
      > exactly the same thing
      > as the right atrium, transferring the oxygenated
      > blood to the left
      > ventricle which then pumps the oxygenated blood to
      > the body.
      >
      > If you have a problem on the right side - it is not
      > as big a deal. We
      > are, after all, dealing with waste products and
      > unoxygenated, blood.
      > But the LEFT side is pumping oxygen to the body, and
      > if there is a
      > problem, then the body and all its components are
      > not getting oxygen.
      > BIG deal!
      >
      > Jay
      >
      > On Jan 5, 2005, at 3:25 PM, Susan wrote:
      >
      > > From all my reading of cardiology articles I have
      > > gotten the impression that most serious
      > disfunction is
      > > seen when the left ventricle is impaired. In
      > addition
      > > left ventricle disfunction results in left sided
      > heart
      > > failure which results in fluid in the lungs. In
      > > contrast right ventricular disfunction=right sided
      > > heart failure and that means edema or swollen
      > ankles
      > > and feet.
      > >
      > > I also found some reference to the left coronary
      > > artery being blocked being worse than right
      > coronary
      > > artery blockage.
      > >
      > > Susan

      > --------------------~-->
      > Has someone you know been affected by illness or
      > disease?
      > Network for Good is THE place to support health
      > awareness efforts!

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/Zh0wlB/TM

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • stonebridge341
      Message 104 of 104 , Jul 28

        I understand this group recommends CoQ10 for heart disease kitties and I tried it for our Davin who has cardiomyopathy.  What I noticed was after a few days on CoQ10, Davin had two breathing fits.  He has not had one of those since March 25, 2016.  He is currently taking Benazepril 5mg 1/2 tablet twice a day and Pimobendan 1mg 1 tablet every 12 hours both started on 5/20/2017.  After his dental surgery, we started him on Plavix 75mg 1/4 tablet once a day beginning on 6/7/2017.  Davin's breathing fits were on 7/6 and 7/10/2017. Unfortunately, I did not record the days I gave Davin the CoQ10 but he was taking it at the time of his breathing fits.  My question is has anyone else noticed that CoQ10 caused breathing fits for their cat?  Another thing it could be is stress.  Davin was under a great deal of stress from our neighbors setting off fireworks every night for almost 2 weeks.  He has strong fear of loud noises and fireworks really upset him.  I don't know if I should try the CoQ10 again or not.

        Thanks for any suggestions or experiences you are able to share.

        April