CoQ10

  • Beverly Parsons
    Message 1 of 94 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi Marjorie,

      Our HCM cat Tasselhoff takes 30 mg CoQ10 once a day
      (perhaps that's low after seeing the other post?) He
      weighs 20 lbs and is also on Atenolol and Enalapril.
      His heart has also improved since initial diagnosis in
      April of 2003 - but that could be the meds, the CoQ10
      or the combination.

      Good luck!
      Beverly Parsons

      > Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:34:43 +0000
      > From: "Marjorie Blaine" <spikeb62@...>
      > Subject: CoQ10
      >

      > >Just wondering if anyone has used CoQ10 and can
      > tell a difference in
      > >your cat's health? I'm planning on starting my RCM
      > cat Lucy on it
      > >and curious as to what doses are being used? Is it
      > possible to give
      > >too much? Lucy weighs about 6.5 lbs.
      > >
      > >Thanks,
      > > -- Amy

      http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
    • Barbara Piderit
      Message 94 of 94 , Jan 14
        Hi, Cindy,

        My Idgie has been taking Aktivait Cat, which contains CoQ10, as a "brain" vitamin for almost 5 years, for cognitive dysfunction.  She is 21-1/2yo.

        She has also been taking amlodipine SID and atenolol BID, under the guidance of the HoD, Cardiology, at the veterinary school in Berne (Switzerland) for 18 months.  The cardiologist knew/knows Idgie was getting/gets CoQ10 and never suggested that I separate the supplement from the heart meds, which I give Idgie to control high blood pressure due to her ISIS Stage 2 CKD and tachycardia, probably due to old age.  (She also needs help maintaining a normal body temperature, probably due to her age, so she always has access to gentle heat.  I have never seen evidence of any side effects from giving these meds at the same time.

        Head butts,

        Barbara & Idgie