CoQ10

  • Marjorie Blaine
    Message 1 of 103 , Jan 3, 2005

      >Just wondering if anyone has used CoQ10 and can tell a difference in
      >your cat's health? I'm planning on starting my RCM cat Lucy on it
      >and curious as to what doses are being used? Is it possible to give
      >too much? Lucy weighs about 6.5 lbs.
      >
      >Thanks,
      > -- Amy

      Hi Amy

      My Max takes CoQ10--30 mg/twice daily. He weighs 12 lbs. He has HCM, not
      RCM, and with the other nutraceuticals he takes plus atenolol, his heart
      measurements have actually improved but he was also diagnosed very, very
      early. My holistic vet firmly believes in the benefits of CoQ10 for the
      heart and so do I. I'm not sure if you can give too much but I don't think
      even the dose Max is on would be too much for your kitty; however, I would
      check with your vet to be sure.

      Marjorie
      Sitka,Teddi,Gus,and Max

      Max: 7 year old neutered male Scottish Fold; idiopathic primary HCM
      diagnosed 12/2003; asymptomatic (normal bp, pulse, heart rate, resp.), grade
      2 heart murmur, ventricular arrhythmia (controlled at this time); very
      slight mitral valve and atrial thickening; treatment regimen: 30 mg CoQ10
      2/day, 50 mg pycnogenol 2/day, 1 dan shen pian herbal anti-coagulant 2/day;
      6.25 mg atenolol 1/day; fish oil
    • Carol
      Message 103 of 103 , Oct 14, 2015
        Most health food stores carry it, or you can buy it online.  Just make sure you get ubiquinol (not ubiquinone), and the ones that are liquid gelcaps are better absorbed than the powder in capsules are.

        Doctor's Best makes a good one. That's the one I buy. I get it at Vitacost.com.

        Carol and angel Misty