Re: Recently diagnosed with RCM

  • Neysa423
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2004
      Believe me - all I've done is watch this cat breathe since I brought
      her home from the hospital a few weeks ago! :-)

      She's a fairly quick, shallow breather with her lungs clear, but
      still in the 30ish range/minute. She saw her regular vet the other
      day and the cardiologist yesterday, neither of whom thought her
      respiration unusual and said she sounded clear. I've gotten into the
      habit of "feeling" her lungs while she breathes - I figure if I can
      feel them crackling then we're most definitely in trouble.

      Oddly, I've been complaining to the vets for years about her vomiting
      clear liquid/foam and not once did a vet say "could she possibly be
      coughing?" It never occurred to me that cats could cough. Now that
      I've done some research I'm convinced that she was actually having
      coughing spells for the past few years - poor kitty! On the bright
      side I think she's only coughed once since she had her respiratory
      failure & started on meds. She's very playful lately and is back to
      jumping on the kitchen counters.

      -- Amy

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "brinkett" <scrubbrush@r...>