Re: [FH] Atenolol side effects

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2004
      Jenifer,

      Reported adverse effects for atenolol are lethergy and
      hypotension. Hypotension is BP that is too low and
      would indicate that the atenolol dose is too high. My
      vet told me if my cat could not jump up on furniture
      it would be indicative of hypotension. In addition
      geriatric cats are reported to have more adverse
      effects than younger cats.

      Lethergy means acting tired. Since cats do sleep a lot
      and don't have to go to school or work, I am not sure
      how easy it is to tell if they are experiencing
      lethergy. Lethergy is not considered a reason to
      discontinue atenolol and atenolol should never be
      stopped suddenly unless your vet orders it.

      Susan

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250