Re: [FH] oxygen

  • Sue B
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2004
      I think I saw a note from the group where someone does have one set up at home. I started looking into it for my girl. I have a friend whose husband is an EMT. He said that the oxygen doesn't last long and that you need to buy a lot of it. He also said that you have to add moisture to the air because oxygen alone is very drying. I'm sure that someone else can add more.

      It does sound like a good idea. If someone can explain how to set one up, I'd like to hear it too. I've been fortunate that my girl is doing well and adjusting to her medications.

      Sue

      hi all, well izzy did have to go to the hospital sat night after a
      sudden change in her breathing again. although after an injection of lasix
      and being in the oxygen cage she made a startling quick bounce back ad has
      been breathing better than i have seen her breath in a long time (knock wood)
      it made me wonder if the x factor here was the oxygen cage. because
      izzy had been recieving injections of lasix and we weren't seeing any big
      change or the better in her breathing. until it was combined with the
      oxygen cage. so i'm wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get an
      oxygen set up for at home to help with her breathing when needed, not as a
      replacement for the hospital but to help if all she needs is that little bit of extra
      comfort. also if i ever had to travel with her (my parents live in a rural area)
      and i doubt there is a vet that has an oxygen set up so it would be great to
      know that i have that base covered. anybody know of anything or any place
      that might sell this?
      thanks
      kate and izzy