Re: [FH] Re: help!!!

  • lclarizia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2004
      In a message dated 12/26/2004 12:56:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      katesilverstein@... writes:

      > they did a tap on izzy and said she did't have any fluid outside her lungs
      > tho

      Hmmmm ... well, usually they do an x-ray to see if there's fluid, but in an
      idiot way, if all she has is edema she's better off as that's easier to resolve.

      > her breathing looks more labored tonight but there is no open mouth
      > breathing yet and she is still eating and drinking so i don't want to shlep
      > her back to the hospital if there is nothing they can do...

      Right, you have to balance the benefits versus the risks. If she is eating
      and drinking well, she is probably not in too much distress (remember, I am NOT
      a vet!!!) but you should keep an eye on her.

      Lisa