Re: Hotspur's cardiology report

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2004
      > Do you think this is RCM, or what do you think it might be?

      If the report says it's RCM, then it probably is RCM. But what I'm
      wondering is if he was diagnosed with RCM 5 years ago, or if he was
      just diagnosed with RCM on this latest ultrasound.

      > If
      > anybody has any suggestions as to what I should do for Hotspur,
      > please let me know!

      Make sure he gets his meds and lots of TLC. Monitor his breathing -
      become familiar with his normal breathing pattern and rate when he's
      resting so you'll recognize a change. There's no magic bullet for
      this, so it's a matter of monitoring Hotspur's health and making
      sure he's comfortable.

      Sarah.
    • mahedabel
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2004
        Hi. The second echo report says stuff about biatrial enlargement and
        a resloution of the dynamic LV outflow obstruction on the beta
        blocker but doesn't specifically say rcm. The third and fourth
        reports say "the study demonstrates the presence of mild to
        moderately severe and extremely stable restrictive cardiomyopathy"
        and the fifth one says "the overall evaluation demonstrates the
        presence of relatively stable and well compensated restrictive
        cardiomyopathy". So maybe it didn't start out as RCM.

        Thank you for your help. I'm gonna just keep reading about this so
        at least I can understand it better.

        michelle

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "brinkett" <scrubbrush@r...>