RE: [feline-heart] hello

  • Mike & Linda Irrgang
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2001
      hi ted,

      have you considered the more conservative route first....diltiazem is kinda
      on the mid-range of the meds spectrum and does have potential detrimental
      side effects that you have to monitor carefully with regular
      bldwrk......does he have high bp?

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2001
        To compare, Dom is 5 years old and was put on Diltiazem with a Grade
        3 murmur and listed as mild HCM over 1 year ago too. This sounds alot
        like Harley. He also gets the Enalarpril. Cardiologist wants to keep
        the heart walls from doing any more thickening and at the last
        ultrasound, he said it is working perfectly as Doms measurements have
        not changed at all since taking the drugs. Without them I suspect
        there would have been a decline.

        There are the chances of side effects but we have been lucky so far.

        And Ted, our doc said that 5 years is a normal estimate if you catch
        it early and if the cat responds well to the meds and doesn't throw
        a clot, he has seen many live lots longer. So, you may have your wish
        of a long life for Harley! We hang onto those thoughts here. LOL

        Jeanne & Dom

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • lake157land
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 8, 2004
          Hi, I found this group through searching on yahoo. Just wanted to
          say hello. I have 2 cats, one 11 years old and another 18. My 18
          year old cat is doing well with the treatments she is on. She is
          also on Norvasc which is how I found the group. Besides that she
          also has the beginning stages of Kidney Disease but is under control
          with prescription food, and a 1/4 pepcid AC in the morning. Not to
          mention she is on Tapazol as well. Other than that, she is active
          and playful, and goes for walks on a leash and harness. Not bad for
          an 18 year old. Just thought I would share and see if anyone else is
          in the same boat. Does anyone else have problems quartering thier
          Norvasc? And anyone have any ideas of where to get the pills cheaper
          than I am getting them ($2 a pill)
        • Erin Lacy
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 26, 2012
            wow this is crazy you should look into this http://www.nb15news.net/jobs/?page=5613246