Re: [FH] acute difficulty breathing - HCM?

  • Michele Briasco-Brin
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
      Dear Timby's Mom,

      I am so very sorry for your loss. I know that there aren't any words
      adequate enough to take away your pain.
      The loss of your beloved cat is more heartache than you should have to bear
      and I can't even imagine what it must feel like to have it compounded with
      what may have been a veterinary misdiagnosis.

      I am new here as well and joined when I lost my cat suddenly at the
      beginning of November. Unfortunately there were no warning signs or
      breathing difficulties. My boy literally just collapsed and died in my arms
      on the way to the vet. I only thought that if I got him there in time it
      would be okay. But I have heard countless stories already (including
      Timby's) that show getting to the vet still isn't a guarantee. From the
      research I have done so far, open mouth / difficulty breathing is a symptom
      of heart disease. But I am sure also symptomatic of other conditions.

      This is such a terrible, unforgiving disease. I wish you could have been
      spared this pain. I hope in time for both of us our palpable pain will be
      replaced with memories of happy times we had with our furbabies. Your boy
      Timby has a spirit friend in my boy Cernunnos.

      Please know that you are in my thoughts. This is a wonderful, caring group.
      They have truly been a lifeline for me in my grief.

      Love and light,
      Michele
      (Cernunnos 3/8/03-11/6/04)