Re: Is there really any effective treatment for HCM... ?

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2004
      >the
      > definition of feline HCM basically boils down to "somethings
      wrong,
      > we don't know why, and we can't fix it".

      I agree with the sentiment, but to be fair, the definition of HCM is
      pretty clear. That's why some cats are classified as having HCM,
      some DCM, some RCM. However, the "we don't know why and can't fix
      it" part is about right. :-)

      As far as medications go, the treatment of asymptomatic cats is
      still up in the air. But once a cat enters congestive heart
      failure, if they aren't medicated, they die. It's as simple as that.

      Sarah.