Re: [FH] insights?

  • Michele Briasco-Brin
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
      Dear Juanita,

      I am deeply sorry for your loss. I am new to the group and only joined
      after my seemingly healthy 1 1/2 year old male cat Cernunnos died suddenly.
      He went to jump up on something to look out a window, fell back, and when I
      rushed to pick him up I knew something was very wrong. My husband and I
      rushed him to the vet and got there in about 10 minutes but he was already
      gone. She tried to resusitate him to no avail.

      The shock, heartbreak, pain, and senselessness of this is very hard to
      bear. I really understand what you are going through. Losing our furbaby
      that way is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I felt that I
      should have known something was wrong and that I should have been able to
      save him.

      Finding this group has helped in the sense that everyone here is
      wonderfully caring and supportive. Even though we can't change what has
      happened it has helped me to hear other stories of people who have lost
      cats in this terrible way. You are not alone. I hope in time for the both
      of us our sadness will be replaced by happy memories.

      Your cat sounds like he had 4 wonderful years with you. How fortunate he
      was that you rescued him as a 3 week old kitten. I know this is so unfair
      and I wish there were words to make you feel better.

      Please know you are in my thoughts.

      Michele,
      (Cernunnos 3/8/03-11/6/04)